Two casino games that you’ll find in the Video Poker family are Deuces Wild and Joker Poker. They’re usually found on Bally’s Game King machines in addition to the Jacks or Better family of Video Poker games.
If they’re played using the correct strategy the return is over 98% for both games, hence, the edge to the casino is under 2%.
All winning hands double per each credit bet, except for the natural Royal Flush which pays 4,000 credits with the maximum of five credits bet. Thus, it is prudent to wager the maximum number of credits whenever you play any version of Video Poker.
Here are the specifics of both games:
The four Deuces (two’s) are wild, which means you can substitute the deuce to complete any winning hand. For example, if joker slot you have two aces and two deuces in your hand, you have four aces. Unlike Jacks or Better where a pair of jacks nets you a push, the smallest winning hand in deuces is three of a kind. Pay tables may vary between casinos. A common pay table listed below with max credits bet has a return of about 98.7%, which leaves the house edge at 1.3%:
3 of a Kind – 5
Straight – 10
Flush – 15
Full House – 20
Four of a Kind – 20
Straight Flush – 45
Five of a Kind -75
Wild Royal Flush – 125
Four Deuces – 1000
Natural Royal Flush – 4000
Hold any completed winning hand initially dealt unless you have more than 2 deuces, or you are one card away from a straight flush or higher. One or more deuces initially dealt should always be held.
The Joker Poker deck contains 53 cards including one Joker, which is wild. You can substitute the joker to complete any winning hand. For example, if you have three aces and a joker in your hand, you have four aces. Unlike Jacks or Better where a pair of Jacks nets you a push, the smallest winning hand in this game is a pair of Kings. Pay tables may vary between casinos.