Here’s how you can take your coach training programs to the next level:
1. The first thing that you need to do is to meet up with your trainees (those who are aspiring to be a coach). Interview these people and gauge their skill levels and their level of comprehension. Then, get to know them on a deeper level. It’s very important that you build relationship with these people first before the training begins.
2. Segregate your trainees base on their skill levels. This is only applicable if you are offering group training programs. Group those people who are beginners, intermediate, and those who have advanced skill levels. These people require different information and assistance so they must not attend the same training programs ca foundation classes.
3. Create your training modules. As you are serving people with different needs, it would be better if you create different training modules that can offer each of your clients their learning needs. Use the needs and demands of your clients as guides when creating your modules to make them focused and highly targeted.
4. Choose the best training medium. Send surveys or questionnaires to your clients to figure out their preferred training mediums. While some prefer traditional classroom discussion, there are those who’d rather learn through their computer. Depending on the demands of your clients, you can conduct your trainings through phone or send your modules through email. You can also conduct one-on-one or group coaching programs.
5. Launch regular one-on-one or group meetings. This is crucial if you are using email or video based training programs. You will need to meet with your clients at least once a month to address their concerns and to check on their progress.